Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Child's Play 2



Year: 1990
Director: John Lafia
Writer: Don Mancini
Genre: Horror: Evil doll

For most of my young life I was terrified of Chucky. I'd never even seen a movie but the idea and look of the character creeped me out more than anything. One time I remember the first film coming up on tv one night and my family watching it... Though I wasn't in the same room I heard some of it and it didn't help one bit! I used to be legitimately scared that Chucky would come into my bathroom and get me (kind of a mix of Psycho thrown in there lol).

So only last year did I finally watch Child's Play. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I guess after the first few movies when they became subtitled with Chucky's name that things took on a more humorous tone. That's really all I was exposed to from friends so I expected all the films to be kind of dumb humorous horror. While there is some fun to be had I still really just enjoyed it.

Anyway, so I watched Child's Play 2 and it was pretty good. I liked how they kept it directly connected to the first. It made enough sense how Chucky was able to come back after the end of the first. However, at the end of this movie I'm not sure how they are going to bring him back yet again. It seemed pretty final. Of course, that could be said of all sorts of horror icons. They're never truly dead!

It was still a very enjoyable movie although less so than the first. It's not as scary because this time around you know just what to expect from Chucky. In the first movie it was surprising and super creepy to see Chucky's face turn angry for the first time. Still, it was a nice romp and I especially enjoyed the multiple attempts to end the evil doll's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...